1. Complete the Enrollment Information Document:
The Enrollment Information Document will be emailed to you after you have completed the Prospective AmeriCorps Orientation and passed the quiz. You should receive your IPT login information within 48 business hours of completing this document. Complete this form as soon as possible2
2. Once you receive your IPT login credentials complete the “Enrollment Eligibility Verification” Form in IPT:
This form must be signed before you can obtain or schedule your fingerprints.
3. Obtain fingerprints or schedule a specific date to get prints done:
You may not count hours until we have received confirmation that you have either completed your prints or that you’ve scheduled a time to do so in the near future. You will note this information on the Enrollment Checklist.
Important note: you must be accompanied by your Supervisor in all service activities until your background check has cleared. It is in your best interest to complete your prints as soon as possible.
4. Position Description form:
Your Campus Coordinator will provide you with this form. You will review and sign this document with your Site Supervisor.
5. The Qualified Site Contract:
Please check UHEAN’s website to view the Qualified Service Sites. If your site is not on the 18-19 list your site will need to complete a Qualified Site Contract. Please print and deliver the QSC to your site and have an authorized person complete the form.
6. Set up meeting with Campus Coordinator:
Make sure you bring your government issued photo ID and your completed Position Description with you to the meeting.
7. Review and sign the “Member Service Agreement” form:
Note: You can’t complete the Member Service Agreement form until your campus coordinator signs this form first.
8. Review and sign the Enrollment Checklist with your Campus Coordinator.
After all of your forms are signed and submitted to UHEAN by your Campus Coordinator it may take 2-4 weeks for your enrollment to be reviewed and finalized.
The day you can start counting hours will be the day all enrollment requirements were correctly completed or your service start date, whichever is later.
9. Once successfully enrolled you will receive an email invitation from my.americorps.gov asking you to complete your AmeriCorps Portal profile online:
Create your AmeriCorps Profile as soon as you receive the invitation (but not before). You may apply for loan forbearance as soon as you’ve created this account.
10. Make sure emails from firstname.lastname@example.org are not marked as junk mail in your email account.
You will receive important information from UHEAN such as how to track your hours. Additionally, we will contact you via email if there are issues with your term that need your attention.
While the Enrollment Process is not difficult, it does require timely completion of materials and prompt responses from enrolling members. The enrollment process must be completed within 30 days of the assigned start date. If the member is unable to complete this process within the required time they will need to retake the orientation and submit all new forms.
If you have any questions or issues please reach out to your Campus Coordinator.